Arctic Hotels is a hospitality company, based in north west Iceland. We manage three major accommodations in Sauđárkrókur: Hotel Tindastóll, Hotel Mikligarđur and Mikligarđur Guesthouse. We pride ourselves in being a responsible business and work closely with other local companies to provide excellent customer service to our visiting clientele.
Our journey began in 2007 when we bought Mikligarđur Guesthouse. We then expanded the business to include Hotel Mikligarđur in 2009. This summer hotel, which is open from late May to August, serves to accommodate the ever increasing volume of summer tourists. We decided to develop further in 2012 with the addition of Hotel Tindastóll and Annex located in Sauđárkrókur´s old town. Whilst Hotel Tindastóll dates back to 1884 and offers a unique and traditional stay, the Annex accommodation has more contemporary feel. Both accomodations have undergone much renovation and upgrading in the past few years, adding to a more luxurious stay.
Arctic Hotels prides itself in excellent customer service, attention to detail and a spirit to serve. We value our guests feedback and make every effort to ensure that they have a wonderful stay.
We look forward to welcoming you and hope that you will have a pleasant experience in the Northwest Iceland with us.
Selma Hjörvarsdóttir: Hotel Manager
Tómas Árdal: Hotel Director
Environmental policy Arctic hotels
• We give our guests a choice over how often the towels and sheets are changed, that way they can help us take care of the environment by reducing the usage of power and water.
• We usually try to turn off lights and equipment that isn’t being used when leaving the rooms. Please keep that in mind.
• We don’t let the water run when it isn’t necessary. It would be great if you did so too
• We try reducing the waste by sorting the trash. We have sorting facility at the entrance of the hotel where you can sort your trash.
• We buy products locally if possible. It supports local business and minimizes the shipping cost.
• We minimize the usage of materials that break down slowly in nature by buying bigger containers and in bulk, we also try as often as we can to use materials that aren’t single use like plastic.
• We donate a part of the company growth or our time to local projects and nature preservation every year.
• We push to better understanding and wellbeing. Well informed staff is an essential foundation for the success of the company and the experience for the hotel guests. Our company will train the staff and inform our guests on what we are doing and how they can take part in helping us being an environmentally friendly hotel.